North Sioux City, South Dakota Highlights
For a town of 2,500 people, North Sioux City is booming with commerce and recreational activities. Nestled around the Big Sioux River, North Sioux City is a picturesque community that enjoys its scenery and its close proximity to the metropolitan perks of Sioux City.
type of homes
Homes in this 150-year-old town are mostly single-story ranches with attached garages, making them both accessible and affordable.
within a 5 minute Drive
Say goodbye to traffic. The only thing slowing you down when you tackle your errands in a town like North Sioux City are the friends you keep running into.
- Restaurants, both fast food and sit-down
- Grocery Stores
- Gas Stations
- Local and nationwide retail stores
within a 10-15 MINUTE drive
North Sioux City hugs Interstate 29 from both sides (it's a bear hug--we are in South Dakota after all). If you can't find what you need in town, chances are it's not far away.
North Sioux City is in South Dakota and technically west of Sioux City proper, but don't let that confuse you. It offers several great local events that you shouldn't miss, even if you don't make this great town your forever home.
- North Sioux Daze: Normally hosted at the end of the summer, this annual event is the last hoorah for families and kids of school age.
- National Night Out: The second Tuesday in August marks the night where every community in the nation reaches out and bands together to reduce crime on their neighborhood streets. North Sioux City uses this time to continue to foster good relationships between neighbors and businesses, as well as raise awareness.
- Annual Chili Feed: It happens every December like clockwork. Keep an eye on the website for details and come hungry.